googlefb0f7616eb312592.html

Friday, July 27, 2007

Heel Spurs from Skates

I know a lot of hockey players that complain about heel spurs. Heel spurs are large bumps that grow on the back of a players heels, usually from the friction of the skate itself. They can get so bad that you cant play because of them.

I had a bad case of heel spurs on both feet. I went to a doctor about them, and he told me that the only way to remove them is by surgery. And heel surgery is serious, and takes a very long time to recover. So I was desperate . I punched out the heels of my skates, but that didnt work. I also remolded my skates, but no results.

After about three months of pain, I finally gave in and tried out a different brand of skates. Like most hockey players, I only played with Bauer skates, and nothing else. The first skate I tried was Graf. I was astounded, I could not feel my heel spurs at all! But I was not satisfied with the skates themselves.

Easton saved me. I had the same result with the heel spurs, it was like I was skating on a cloud compared to the Bauers. However, I enjoyed the aspects of the Easton skate, which is not that popular, but I swear by it.

I still wear Eastons, and I have to say that it has been the best skate for me. Make sure that other people dont influence what you buy skate wise. You have to make the decision yourself. Also, always test out skates before buying them. I know countless players that buy their skates for a lot of money, then find out their skates dont suit them and are stuck with them.

Skates are the most important peice of equipment a hockey players can have. Do not make a bad choice, it will directly affect the way you play.

Until next time,

Hockey Maven

No comments: